Dedicated to my sweet daughter, Gabbie
Now more than ever I see the value in living life as bravely and boldly as possible for several reasons but most importantly to be an example to my daughter. Our story as mother and daughter is a long one to tell – too long for a blog post but safe to say, that it is a story of love and grace. I missed the mark quite a bit as a mom, as I was so young when I had her so I pray often for God to show me how to be an example to her now. Things I want to show her:
- That God loves us and we are created in His image
- That I am proud to be her mom
- That true peace is possible
- That we need to deal with deep things to go higher
- That hurt is terrible but healing from God is beautiful
- That doing magnificently brave things is living
- That music is life (Zephaniah 3:17)
- That emotions don’t have to rule our lives
- That God takes away all shame and makes us whole
- That she is valued beyond what she could ever think or feel
I know I’m not the only mom in the world who has these desires for their children. Maybe you’ve been the best mom. Maybe you’ve been the worst. Either way, God has given us the most precious of all roles as mother to a daughter and it’s never to late to do brave things to show your daughters how to be brave and show God’s love.
So today I just want to say that I am thankful that I am Gabbie’s mom. I am thankful that I get texts with check in’s and questions and love. I am thankful that God has given me the opportunity of a lifetime to show my daughter how to live the life God created us to….it is not about how you begin the journey, it’s about how you end it.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. James 1:17-18
Have a blessed day!!
With all my heart,
Sonia (AKA Gabbie’s mom)